Ambulance and fire services: 112
In the event of serious accident, angina/heart attack/heart failure, difficulty breathing, collapse, unconsciousness, paralysis, stroke, poisoning, burns or acute pain.
Emergency medical service: 6279600
For minor ailments, flu, feeling unwell, fever, gall bladder and gastrointestinal complaints
Free medical hotline: 116 117
To find a doctor during the weekend
In order for the police and fire service to obtain as many details about the emergency situation as possible in as short a time as possible, you should provide the important information in a clear and calm manner. It can be helpful to remember the following five questions. If necessary, the call handler will prompt you for information.
- Where is the incident? Provide information about the location of the emergency and be as precise as possible. By giving the exact town/district and street name, including the house number and which floor, it will not take the emergency services longer than necessary to find the place.
- What has happened/is happening? Give a brief description of the emergency situation so that the emergency control centre can put all the necessary measures in place.
- How many people are injured? State the number of injured persons as accurately as you can to facilitate their transportation by ambulance. It is better here to overestimate than to underestimate.
- What type of injuries have occurred? Life-threatening injuries are particularly important here. For example, an emergency doctor may be summoned to the scene as well as an ambulance.
- Wait for questions! Always stay on the line until the emergency control centre ends the call.
+49 391 79 10
University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
Leipziger Str. 44
+49 391 6701
University Women's Hospital Magdeburg
+49 391 671 73 02
Klinik St. Marienstift Magdeburg
Harsdorfer Str. 10
+49 391 72 627
Klinik an der Sternbrücke Dr. Kielstein GmbH
day unit for addictions and psychosomatic disorders
+49 391 5 65 660
Poison control centre/emergency toxicology service: +49 391 6701
Emergency animal rescues by the fire service: +49 391 54010
Emergency bank card blocking service: 116116 (throughout Germany)
Women's refuge service for the city of Magdeburg (administrative office): +49 391 5403601
Telephone counselling services (free of charge throughout Germany)
Protestant denominations: +49 800 111011 | Catholic: +49 800 1110222
Weisser Ring e.V., victim support helpline (nationwide) | 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. | 116006
Lost property office, Bei der Hauptwache 4, Room 1.7 | 39104 Magdeburg | +49 391 5402065
Police headquarters for northern Saxony-Anhalt, Sternstr. 12 | 39104 Magdeburg | +49 391 5460
Taxi services in Magdeburg +49 391 544444 or +49 391 73737